Saturday 17 January 2015

Thank You

Thank You

At the beginning of every year everyone will greet you with the same thing said every beginning of a new chapter, and although some believe that with the turn of the calender comes new meaning and life perspective, I never quiet believed this till the year 2015. For a change, I feel change. Not the type that spirals downward come February, but a genuine change with in. One that is far greater then me, or anything I can lead myself to believe but one of my Father. The only father I truly know, to never abandon and love abundantly. 

Now before I launch into my year and all I seek to do. I need to take a minute to genuinely show gratitude for all that is me, all that I have achieved but most importantly all that those very things will lead me to achieve. See, with all good fortunes, there is always a helping hand because that is how the world functions, without one there is no meaning to the other. I need to say THANK YOU. In the event that I did miss an extended thank you to any one of you, my sincere apologies, and it has nothing to do with not being grateful, but the lapse of a memory. 

Firstly, the year 2014 came with some hard truths, but with every hard truth comes a lesson worth learning. Now, the one most important lesson that came with my year was that "Life will throw situations your way, which are designed to teach you a lesson and until you learn that lesson, you will have repetitions". Before you dismiss this as yet another quote you are to hear in your life time. Take a moment to reflect on how many times you endure similar hardships. It can be that you are betrayed all to often by those you consider your closest friends or family. This has to do with a lesson you need to learn to prevent the occurrence of such yet again. The second lesson learnt was, "Never waver in your morals to accommodate a situation, because your morals are the only thing that will keep you true to yourself". This I would regard the most important lesson f all, because when the going gets tough, you WILL want to waver. If you are of the belief that you will never betray a friend in the name of success, stick to it, because times test and circumstance will test you. This example may not apply to you as you feel that you are too strongly rooted in the friendships you have formed over the years to betray, there are areas in your life that have been tested and some may already have fallen. Let me give a more realistic example, many have said that if a wo/man were to cheat on them they will walk without a second thought. Now, how many people have we encountered that have labelled cheating a norm that society now simply needs to accept. That, in itself was a moral that you had set in place long before times test and have then changed due to circumstance. Stay true to your morals. The third lesson I learnt was that self love is of utmost importance. Now, although this is a no brainer we find time and time again we do not love ourselves enough that we let people walk all over us, hurt us and take us for granted. In the event that your self love was at the level it aught to be, there would be instance of such because you would be intolerant in your self love. In loving yourself and setting the standards of your self love, you will see that people follow suit. You are the guide to how people should treat and love you. Ever met someone so firm in what they deserve and stand for that everyone around them automatically knows to not try step on their toes. The fourth lesson I learnt, most probably the one I am to carry with me to the ends of the earth is that GOD is and should be your number one soul provider. It is human to seek comfort in another being, but some are temporary. More often then not we seek places of comfort in different people, which is dangerous because you have no way of knowing whether or not these are seasonal people in your lives. So seek solace and comfort in your creator. Fight the urge to reject Him. Seek my love, seek! 

With those very lessons, I endured more heart-break in the year 2014 then I have in all my life, it was a tough year, but t hey say that "When there is a storm, start dancing because it means that there are break-throughs coming your way". AND SO I HAVE STARTED DANCING, because I know that my life is set for great things. 

I would like to express the deepest gratitude to those that have faith in me, I may not show it nor say it, but knowing that there are people that believe in my capabilities is the greatest form of cheering there is. Everyone needs cheerleaders and I find those in my friends and family. I have the most loving of families, not just immediate family but extended family too. I find support in my home, my mother and father are the one great gift from God. When my energy levels are so low and I cannot fathom getting out of bed, they a re there to push me, to motivate me and give a helping hand. Thank you Mummy and Dad. My family, that family chat group goes miles!!! It may not seem the part as I hardly interract, but just knwoing that Iam from a family of prayer and gladiators keeps me going. It is the ultimate energy drink. My family prays people! I mean, prays! Tia Luiza, Tia Teckla, Tia Aune, Rosy, Tuva, AUnty Maria, Tia Nancy, Suraia (there's no Tia here, forget), Tia Esperanca, Tia Judith, Tia Monese, Tio Delcio, obrigada! Tia Luiza as as straight forward as they come and although it is hard to swallow sometimes, one needs that level of brutal honesty. Tia Teckla is the humble one, who is always in the library at odd hours with Tia Esperance, they serve as my motivation. If my aunts can endure the struggle of varisty, so can I. Then there is Aune and Nancy, who give me life and belive in me. The two people from my dads blood line who will stand by me and show me that I am loved. Tahnk you. Tio Mahno and Tio Delcio, obrigada ya :) I remember when I was young and would ask Uncle Mahno for more dollars then one can give, and Tio Delcio who only knows how to show love by hitting me. I love you guys man. Then there are the kids, Xaira, Rahi, Nikka, Jennefer, Mercy, Dennis, Mercy, Remona, Shafa, Given, the kids that can give you so much laughter nda grey hair all in one go.

My friends, I shall dedicate a whole passage to Mweneni and Theopo, because I owe these two more then I can ever say thank you for. You took me as I am and chose not to change me but rather influence me for the better. You let me love out my personality without a hint of judgement, but would love me enough to show me the right path. I love you guys more then I can begin to say and in you I have found life long friends. I will fight for the two of you. You have shown me what true friendship looks like and for that I will forever be grateful, there are situations and instances I cannot disclose where you showed me how much you care for me. It beings tears to my eyes thinking about the times you would endure my heart-breaks with me, and genuinely feel the hurt I feel. be it relationship, business r school hurt. Yous should see the worry in your eyes when I am stressed by school, its really so sweet. But above all, thank you. 

To my friends, Ivy, Hans, Rusian, Roxy, Ndeshi, Martha, Namene, 21, Larsch, Collin, Thomas, Agusto, Rej, Elton, Iitembu and  Atallia. Thank you for the parts you played in keeping a smile on my face. I have such a close nit of people this looks like that's all. 

THANK YOU! DANKE SHEN! TANGI VAKWE! OBRIGADA! DANKIE JULLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment