Friday 22 May 2015

Bare my Soul

"I wish I had never given birth to you"
Are the words that achoed through my body
Not missing a synapse, nor a heartbeat
Settling in the core of my soul, only unsettled
For like piercing piece of glass
it tore apart at all I had come to believe true about a mother
Falling like shards of glass to the base of my feet begging for my attention
It begged me to look up
Only I hoped to see the woman who was to protect me from all the wrongs of the world
The Angel who was to protect me from all the hurt of the world
The woman who gave birth to my innocent little soul

Only all I saw was distress, past regret and mistakes
A mixture of emotions so raw you could reach out and touch it
These very emotions had me cave into myself and shut myself from the world
For it begged the question, where was this God they speak of?
This God that is to protect me from the world and its misery
For it is written in the books of Psalms
I shall not fear, for the Lord is my shepherd


Only I felt like a lost sheep, who was too small for the world
I could easily be swallowed and forgotten
Only, the reality is I wanted to be swallowed
I wanted to be forgotten
I wanted to die

But see, this is when my Saviour showed face
In His armor of glory and goodness
Showing me that God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
For, he works in ways we cannot see.

After what that moment passed,
Which felt like minutes, hours, weeks and centuries
I saw a glimmer of light for my mum shed the tears
she had long forgotten she needed to shed
She weeped for the life she had long forgotten she wanted to live
For the family she had long forgotten she wanted to have
With more love then the world knew what to do with

She had forgotten her purpose, her destiny
For so engulfed in her sorrow was she
that no light could shine through

I took the hand of the woman who was to be my light
and prayed light into her life
I prayed that her eyes be unscaled
that she be able to see the greatness that is her life
For her destiny was far greater and brighter then any mistake could rid of her
She was to be the world's greatest mother

And so slowly the cloud of darkness started to life
She found her smile,
She found her purpose
She found her destiny
Now see, her destiny wasn't incoperated in the cooperate world
She wasn't to be an entrepreneur
She was simply to be the woman they speak of in genesis
One that labors for her family and she does it with such grace.

She came from a place of darkness and found her light
And all she had to do was bow her head and submit to God
In turn her Father put his wings of protection around her
and lead her step by step to her destiny
She is the world's greatest mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment