Thursday 5 March 2015

I am not

I am not all that society perceives socially acceptable
I do not dress my personality up to your standards
I am not feverishly rushing to fit myself into your classification of
Decent
Well Mannered
Suiting
I am not caught in an invisible fight of superiority
For my priority is not what you perceive socially acceptable
But rather what my mind knows to be
I do not pick my food, I eat well
I do not wear long skirts, I wear figure hugging dresses
I do not smile and nod at everything you say
I pick out intellectually stimulating pieces of information
That will build me and my intellect

Only, they do not want outspoken, smart and strong
No!
They want quiet, polite and easy molding
They preach independence, but want you to be dependent
For, a woman who is self sufficient is not needing enough
They say, "we feel sorry for the man you will marry."
But turn around to mock the woman who is not strong in herself.
What?
Which is it?
Independent or dependent?

No comments:

Post a Comment