Thursday 5 March 2015

The Rich Dad. and Poor Dad

I have 2 fathers.
A rich dad
and
A poor dad

The Poor Dad
There was always too much me and too little him
I, always too eager and him, not enough time to linger
Always a phone call, a late call hindering my call out to him
Always too needing and him to busy to see
That,

"Sometimes the very people we expect the most from,will give us the least.
Always the ones we love too much who will hurt us the most"

He Shared my DNA
He is my father.

The Rich Dad
He told me that, "No mistake and no heart break can take away what it is I am mean to be".
He was patient, lenient and was ready to catch me at any time.
Ready to stretch his hand, spread wide his fingers and grasp the dreams that fell from the confounds of my little imaginative brain. He held onto my words and redraw beautiful images of past utterance.

Showing me all that it is I can be
All that it is am destined to be
All it is I am.

He is my dad.

Only, we didn't share a DNA.
We didn't bear resemblance
His blood did not beat through my heart, yet our hearts intertwined forming a much greater bond than can be brought about by blood.
We grew into one another like the feeling of nostalgia brought about by Deja Vu, of a time we neither knew existed or wished into existence. As both looked incredibly similar in the formation of a father-daughter relationship.

I have two fathers.
A rich dad and a poor dad.
I am the living protege of a rich dad and poor dad.

See, to be a father takes far more then having been a living factor in procreation. For a child needs affection, that is not to be an inclination of you having fathered the winning sperm, but a much greater passion that is to swell the heart with a longing for devotion to this soul that is to be your Aphrodite.

It tears my heart apart to see the wounded eyes of a child in an orphanage, trying to fathom what it is they could possibly have lacked at childhood to have been given up for adoption as though never having been an option.
It tears my heart into splinters of glass, trying to piece together how to shield these children from the ruthless hands of

Child molesters for fathers
Child abusers for fathers
Drug addicts for fathers
Alcoholics for fathers

Unable to realise that this is but a child, a mere mortal, whose only mistake and strike to life is having been the winning sperm.

On the other hand, it warms my heart to know that there are men out there who do not need sententious probing to take up their rightful positions as fathers and can be what they are intended to be. They can stand up tall and take up their positions of protection, love and care. As they understand that it takes far more then a DNA to be a father, it takes standing up and acting the part.

So,

we say
T H A N K
YOU
We say, thank you to the step-fathers who fill the blank spaces
Thank you to the fathers who don't leave voids
We say, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment