Sunday 15 March 2015

Undress Me

Take me apart layer by layer. Unclothe the deepest parts of me. Delicately untie all my restraints, take my fears apart from their seams, kiss the fragile parts of lingering hurt and whisper all the promises you seek to hold true.

It was somewhere between the lingering kisses that my walls found the earth from which they were made, sending all my protective walls to the ground. Exposing the parts of me I had long since forgotten exist.
It was somewhere between the soft caress of his hand, grazing the fragile parts of me as though it were a map to his soul mate. Tracing all the dreams, hopes and ambitions I knew I need share, only I did not know it would be with him.
It was somewhere between the tantalizing feel of his tongue licking at the wounds of past mistakes and regret, as he healed the mistakes that he did not make, as he erased the wrongs he did not do, wrongs and mistakes that were never his to heal nor erase.

Showing that sometimes the person who is to fit you like a jigsaw puzzle may be like a drop in the ocean. Unable to find you, but when something is meant for you, it will ride the tides around the world and will settle in the place it knows to be home. Your heart. As sure as blood will beat through your heart, as sure as oxygen will fill your lungs, he will trace the path through to your heart. Going through your ventricles, not missing a bicuspid valve, never mind a tricuspid valve. Promising to be that extra push when all seems dark, he will be the aorta that it is to supply the rest of you with hope. Promising to clear any synapses in the path to you.

See, with great promise comes great responsibility, but as sure as the ocean tides will kiss the ocean floor, he will honor that responsibility. As sure as spring will follow winter, he will follow you to the ends of the earth. As sure as the caress of ink, from a pen onto a page, he will engrave in his heart his promise to honor you,to love you, to show you just how his promise doesn't feel like responsibility.

Putting to bed the demons of your soul, like an exorcism, he will bring out the joy that lingers in the depths of your soul.

Well, if only.


No comments:

Post a Comment