Tuesday 29 September 2015

For every day away from you, I will write

Writing is what heals my heart. Covering blank pages with the images of my heart, painting vivid pictures of what I wish to have, crafting dreams I wish to build and drawing images I wish to never erase.

Dance with me

You may have two left feet, but you never fail to find your rhythm as you swift me around the room. Having your arm wrap around my back, having you pull me close and tilt my head back as I draw in your scent. Intoxicating my lungs with your scent, sending a shiver down my spine that reminds me of how you make me feel alive and sending adrenaline to my heart as it beats to the rhythm of songs I neither knew or cared to remember. Portuguese words I don't understand, yet they have me feeling I can comprehend the feeling of joy. They say, ' I gotta go my love, but I will be back real soon", only I thought them to be lyrics to a song, I never thought they would translate into my reality. A reality that terrifies me, as it leaves too many blank pages. It leaves room for good-bye. It leaves room for uncertainty and fear. Fear of the impossible possibilities. Possibility that I could loose you, yet creating a fire of hope that you will forever be mine. Mine to hold, mine to care for, mine to never let go of. Where do I draw the line, where do I draw the line of hope?

This reminds me of a Friday night, spent dancing in the night, Only music to guide our steps, yet trusting that they are in-sync. Trusting, never doubting. Believing, never faltering. Feeling, never guarding. A time when emotions where so raw, you could reach out and touch them. Without a trace of fear, because forever didn't look long enough. Days on end spent with just you and I. Days on end that just required a happy me and a joyful you. Hours would pass like a haze, because time became an element of the day. Not the defining factor. It didn't matter, because all that mattered was you and I in that moment.

Now, all I can do is write, and hope that one day I can write with you by my side.

"Is there a book out there that tells one how to deal with missing you?"
"Unfortunately not. As it is filled with blank pages, that cannot be written by hand, but by the heart."



No comments:

Post a Comment