Tuesday 29 March 2016

Corinthians

When I was little I used to look at the sky and I wondered, who was the man who colored the sky so well that they left no open areas uncolored? I wondered what type of large paper was the skies that you could draw in the clouds so perfectly and get the shading of the blue skies so perfect. I would look at the sky with absolute wonder and it was magnificent. I did not understand how anyone could be so artistic.

"I grew up to realize that that magnificence is God."

That only He could be that good an artist that can get the shading of a white cloud to that level of perfection. I started to understand that only God could draw the mountains and make brown look beautiful. That rock could look solid and not hurtful, that the brown shrubs you see out the window of fast moving car can indeed be beautiful. That nature is just a drop of the magnificence that is the world and its creation. It was not long before my mind started to wonder how the world had no end. I could not fathom how the world worked. That it could go on for all eternity with no end. So I would place my hand up in the air and look at it. That I can say this is where it ends and indicate it with my palm, but on the back side of my palm was more space. So I would try to think that maybe after some place in the galaxy, there just ceased to exist space after that. That you could travel the space and at some point there just was no more space left and the world came to an abrupt halt. I could not for the life of me begin to understand it. This is how I came to believe in God. That there had to be a force so much larger than me that earth was just another planet. That something so large could create the sun.
When I heard the song redeemer, it just put my thoughts in words. That someone out there could tell the sun where to stand in the morning, told the ocean you can only come this far and showed the moon where to hide till evening. That the complexities of life and the things our minds cannot wrap itself around must be created by God.

2 Cor  4:18
As any human I doubted and questioned. As any human I read the Bible and sheer disbelief would rock my world, and it was not until I realized that if I cannot understand creation, I surely cannot understand the God and His complexity. That there must be a revelation that takes place that only God Himself can descend upon me. It then started to unfold and I realized that as small a human as I am, that I cannot begin to understand all of it, because it is larger than life. Only, that is looking at the world. Upon closer inspection and looking at my life. My life is a living testimony, so great I cannot begin to place anything in a mold. There are things I have gone through and got through that have Gods hand written all over it. There are things I have survived that have Gods hand written all over them. There blessings in my life that simply have Gods hand written all over it.

The lessons and journey of getting to know God is not easy. Then I relate it to all relationships, none are easy. The thing is, as is with any relationship, it requires work, dedication and a want to have it work that in turn has one put in the effort and energy required to see it through. Nothing worth having comes easy and as is with a relationship with God. The one ultimate relationship that changes lives and renews minds. The one relationship that will stick with you through your entire life. People will come, people will go, but one factor is unchanging. God. Unmovable. God. Unshakable. God.


"My walk with Christ has been one heaven of a ride."

It has been tough, dark and simply soul wrenching. I find myself fighting the Lord, I find myself fighting myself. And in the midst of it all He loves me regardless of how disobedient I may be. I have gone through life, pretentious perfection on the outside when there was a war inside. I have gone through times when all I wanted to do was be left alone, to live my life of sin, because Christianity was simply too hard. Each and every time without fail, God would wait on me. Patiently wait on me to come to my senses and with arms wide open, He would welcome me back. With a smile and warm hug. The intensity of how great God is must be a reflect in all our lives. No earthly relationship can withstand so much with an unchanging of feelings, Gods love is consistent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment