Sunday 21 August 2016

I wish you the best

Today, I discovered life. That it can come at you in a mirage of images. 
Where you are unable to grasp what it could possibly mean, 
that one moment you can be painting vivid dreams with someone
Have them carve out a future of possibilities, 
painting the smiles of the children you are to bear
The kitchen you are to design and
the home you are to build. 

Making the promises of a future which seem within your grasp, 
he came like a wind willing to whisper away all the trails of the past
only he would become the hurt you wish to erase
You would wish his name was written in the sand of the beach
so that the next high tide could erase it
The sand is my heart
the waters my past
and like the waves that promise to never cross the shore line
he promised to never hurt me
only, he didn't know that promises are not meant to be broken.

Instead he found himself making promises to the next women to cross his path
a narrow four months saw him walking down the isle of a court
to sign papers that promised her the forever he promised me
I am not so much hurt as I am disappointed
In the fact that humanity no longer exist
that one can not be bothered how many hearts you leave bleeding 
on the way to acquire your ever after

I know they say never to expect anything from life
else you will find yourself drowning in disappointment
but I would rather drown in broken promises then live a life full of black
forgetting that there is the white which is the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I write this to wis the man who never was mine to have a happy marriage
That he will find the happiness he promised me with her
not because I want to be the bigger person
but because I thank God I never lived to make infinity signs with a temporary person
That although it did hurt, I live to tell the story
of a lost love that was never mine to have
That he walked away before he could tear my heart to pieces.

I wish you the best of happiness. 
I wish you the best of marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment