Monday 1 August 2016

Running


How long will I keep writing my emotions on pages on the internet?

How long will I keep talking about missing you, yet doing nothing?

How long will I have to restrain myself from reaching out and pouring out my heart?

How long will I keep telling myself that it's best I let you go?

You know, logic dictates that I should let you walk away.
That watching your back, should leave me with a sense of - I'll be okay
Because the arguments got ugly
The feelings too raw
The feelings too intense,

I am afraid. Terrified of you
Terrified I may be right,
may be right to let you go
Yet, what if I am wrong?
What if in not fighting for you I am loosing someone who would love me endlessly
Who will admire every part of me
Who will study my features with admiration

God knows I wish I knew
Knew whether I am making the right decision

You burn far too bright to be an experiment
"I may fall for you so deep, that I may never recover".

For every time I want to reach out, that thought binds me

What if I do ask you to come back
What if you do come back
What if I fall so head over heels for you
only to loose you

Would I rather loose you now when the ache is a throbbing of the heart
or loose you later when it cuts to my soul

Then it begs the question, why is everything tied to loosing you?

Because I am  not certain you are mine to have.

Am I right? or is my head so far up my arse I can't see a good thing when it's standing right in front of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment