Tuesday 19 July 2016

Pastel

I will recreate till everything is beautiful,
till I can no longer tell where the pink meets the blue.

My life shall be beautiful again.

I will be able to greet you with  a smile,
warm enough to touch,
yet distant enough to not intrude.

I will be the good in your bye,
'cause with every goodbye comes a memory
of the times we shared
the memories we made.

One day, I will be able to look back
and be glad you walked into my life
and showed me that yellow
doesn't only need to be in sunflowers
it too can be in the sunlight

That you can look at someone
and it's okay that they are no longer around.
because goodbye doesn't always have to come with sorrow

It can come with the new opportunities
an opportunity to discover self
a time to fill your life with you

To teach yourself how to draw the traces of you face
without needing a warm hand next to you
To be able to discover your heart again
without trying to smooth over the cracks.

I used to think the cracks in my heart were ugly
but now I know that each crack tells a story
it may not always be pleasant,
but it is my story.

and so I will go about finding the pastel
colors in my life,
discovering the true beauty of self
because I will make everything beautiful.

I will make it pastel beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment