Sunday 29 April 2012


Faith and Science

I have read Angels&Demons twice and each time I feel there is something I am missing. A sub-story that I am just not getting. Anyway, today is Sunday and I want to tap into my spiritual side a little. They say science contradicts what the Bible teaches and says, but why is it that we cannot see the two as one. Can it not be that the Bible is part 2 of the whole story and science part 1. Let me explain, the Bible says in the beginning there was God, and he said, ‘let there be light’ and there was light. Science says there was an upsetting of energy in a matter and the Big Bang happened. The big bang is light right? This matter exploded and created an immense explosion and the story goes on. So how about this, God is that small atom, explodesà let there be light.  I am no scientist and neither am I religious but I feel that if science and religion can be merged we could find something. The book angels&demons could not have done it any better. Though it’s partly non fiction and partly fiction, it nails reality to perfection. The world today has become about who’s religion is better, a religious warfare, yet science is one story with many discoveries. The one thing science has that many religion can learn from is acceptance, day in day out discoveries are made, they do not say that science is one way and ONLY one, no, there is rom for error. Religion on the other hand is a book written in black and white, no room for pink, no room for error. Which I think is were the problem lies. The Bible was written by humans and they say humans make mistakes, yet the bible is the exception? There are many books written for the Bible but aren’t published. They say God wrote the bible yet these chapters were written by Paul, Ester, and whoever. So is it then only Genesis and Exodus or is it the whole Bible, because scientist have the advantage of how inaccurate the Bible is. Anyway, I am a Christian, who believes in God. I am spiritual and believe that we are not meant to understand everything and that one day after death God will reveal everything to us. It does not mean that I don’t wonder, I just know better then to not ask. Everyone has different views and If you will listen to everyone’s take you will end up mighty CONFUSED! So I believe in God full stop, that there is a higher power… the rest I shall not question!

No comments:

Post a Comment