Sunday 29 April 2012


My best buddy

A guy I once dated, a life time buddy I would never replace. You are probably wondering and then? Well, here is my story…

Nestle’

The day I walked onto Delta grounds I knew my life would never be the same. In every sense of the word, my life changed. It had ten times the laughter, a hundred times the tears and friends worth a million is what I found. Well, above them all one particular one stood out.. I have nicknamed him Nestle’, Zambian, Milo, Caprivian and many other pet names. He brought the light out of me when all was dark, he could make me smile when all I wanted to do was cry.. So last year I took the plunge and risked it all. I dated my best friend. It was heaven, he understood me like no other, he knew me down to the last detail. He could read me well, so arguments were rare. My buddy is as open-minded and ‘live for the moment’ as they come. It never did bother me, until I started dating him. I became possessive, and with that came wanting to change him. Not him as a whole, because I wouldn’t trade him for the world, but rather that one characteristic. So, that was our first misunderstanding. For years we would NEVER argue and this was some what refreshingly new yet scary all in one. I couldn’t take arguing with him, my over imaginative mind saw loosing him as unbearable. Truth is I didn’t want to drive a wedge between us so I opted to walk away…and things have never been the same since. We do not talk the way we used to, I don’t stay up hours on end talking to him about absolutely nothing. So the question is would I redo any of it. No, I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t risk loosing him in the name of lust or whatever you want to call it. We can pretend day in day out we are still the same buddies we were but truth is we are not.

There are still times I feel like texting at 3am but cannot bring myself to, why I ask myself? The answer is-it simply is not the same. So if ever you feel you want to take a best friend relationship to the next level. Think it through. It is not worth loosing him..

No comments:

Post a Comment