Wednesday 20 August 2014

Lead me not into darkness





Lead me into Darkness













There lays depth in your heart
That dances with music
Your hands drum with the depth of a love,
A love for music
A key, a note – it’s all musical
Don’t tell me to loose myself in the world
No, the world has nothing to offer my love for rhythm
Tell me to loose myself in the rhythm of your voice
The melody of your laughter
Or the simple breath taken by surprise
Understand that you cannot understand
No, Its not a paradox its rhetorical
My mind is so deep it lingers for a minute,
Forgotten are the seconds ticking away
So lost in thought about this soul
Nah, this is not a cliché, hear me out
Music destined this encounter
A love for production, my production
Yet I can’t seem to tune this into place
Or make it fade into the background
It demands my attention more often then I care to give
Engulfing my mind into the open hours of the am
It’s not infatuation, nor is it lust
It’s a power that draws me
Magnifies the mind, Letting me peer and search
Search for a depth, A depth I’m not sure I want to discover
It leads me into darkness
A darkness I want to drown into at 2am

Lead me not into darkness, Nor into Temptation

No comments:

Post a Comment