Wednesday 20 August 2014

You Sold Your Youth


We are the youth is the biggest lie told by the young. If you are not to capitalize on the youth in you, then you do not reserve the right to call yourself that. Pardon me for my lack of optimism because I presume we have ran out of positive replies to give. Yearly there are speeches and endless articles written aimed at empowering the said youth. Looking to have us dust our ashy feet off, and see the power manifested in our blinded souls. 

Yet today I read the saddest article to date, 90 pupils pregnant in the year 2014 alone. Now, as the title YOUTH is stripped off you, understand that it is not I that strips you of this, but you yourself. It is not I that made the decision to have sex, never mind unprotected sex, but it is you. More often than I would like to admit, we tend to always want to point a blame finger to the government that is not raising awareness on the matter of unprotected sex which is false by the way. If you are mature enough to engage in the act of unprotected sex well, pardon me for stripping you off the naivety that comes with one uninformed of the after effects of unprotected sex. You get pregnant boo boo, that’s the beginning of the story.




I strip you of your youth because you have now crossed over to the adult world, regardless your age. Pregnancy equals adulthood because you are a mother simply buffering and pending the unexpected troubles of a troubled mother. Call me judgmental, ill so, but I shall stand firm and quit buttering the bread on both sides and hand you a dry slice of reality. That reality is that opportunity is ample, and if you will decide to simply go after pleasure without the afterthought then you are no longer a part of the youth, because you sold your youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment