Thursday 17 May 2012


Shattered
The first crack was visible, I turned a blind eye. Every day I would stare at the crack and see right through it. It is glass and as I stare at an almost invisible reflection of myself I see a tear roll down my cheek because the truth is, I do try fix the crack in the glass but I cannot.  The next day I oversleep, run to the glass, but as I approach it I see it fall. Into pieces and it signifies my life. I try hold it up, but the pieces cut through my hands, eager to reach earth, mould back into what they once were.
My life today fell apart, as I watched with only one point keeping me away from victory. I failed in every aspect of the word. Sleepless nights, hours of studying, persona lost, never mind personality. Too what? I ask myself and I draw a blank, because the truth is I did try, maybe not hard enough, but tried nonetheless. No one wants to know they are not good enough to take on a challenge, are the words my other half whispered in my ear one sunny afternoon. I cried and asked him how could he?? Not believe in all that I am and am capable of. NOW I SEE. What he saw, a wounded bird, diving to its death.
I refuse to be beaten down, I will pick myself up. It matters none how long this will take me. What matters is how I go about completing my goal. Reach for the galaxy when everyone only believes in stars. The same way Einstein was not the brightest in his class and overcame it all, is the same way I can take Engineering by the horns and show it who is boss.
I will cry, I will be that broken glass And easy is not what it is intended to be. On the last track, as I race the lane to the red and white crossing. I will tear the ribbon and know that I DID IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment